Filipino Food and Recipes
Chicken Tinola (Tinolang Manok)
1 pc. chicken, cut into serving pieces
2 cups green papaya, cut into serving pieces
1 inch cube ginger, sliced into thin strips
1/2 tablespoon oil
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 onion, sliced
1 cup Sili or Malunggay leaves
1. Sautee garlic, ginger, onion in oil till lightly brown. Add the chicken and season with salt.
2. Mix well and when partly done add enough water to cook the chicken until tender.
3. Add the papaya, chicken cubes and lemon grass.
4. Boil until papaya is soft but not mushy.
5. Add sili or malunggay leaves before removing from fire.
6. Remove lemon grass before serving.
| FREE NEWSLETTER
Don't worry -- your e-mail address is totally secure. I promise to use it only to send you Philippine Travel Guide Insider Alert Newsletter.
Sign up for the FREE Newsletter
to receive latest updates
and articles on popular Philippine destinations, hotels & resorts,
beaches, recipes and much more.
Subscribe To This Site