Philippines Holiday And Events Celebrated By Filipinos
Philippines holiday are typically celebrated by the Filipinos with their families and friends.
Hence there are other nationwide holidays that are being celebrated by the Filipinos together with their fellow Filipinos. Philippines is a peaceful country if not to people who are fund of rallying and making noise to express and to reveal the things that they wanted to happen. Most rallies are about political issues wherein there are several people that want the president of the country to give up her position. However, there are also some rallies with regards to the unfair salary distribution and some issues that fan the flames of the Filipino people.
* April 9 Araw ng Kagitingan this holiday tributes the heroic activities of the filipino heroes and is celebrated nationwide by Filipinos.
* Holy week this is a religious holiday of the Christians wherein they tribute the passion of Jesus Christ. This is also a season wherein most Filipinos go to beaches to enjoy and have some adventurous activities in the beach like skiing, surfing, diving, and more.
* Eid ul-Fitr These is also a religious holiday for Filipino Muslims, it is as same as the holy week for the Christian wherein they will do some rituals base on their religious beliefs.
* June 12 Independence day this is a day wherein most Filipinos are celebrating their freedom day or the day that the country is free from its rulers such as the Spaniards, Americans, and the Japanese
* August 21 Ninoy Aquino day this is another Philippines holiday to tribute the death of former senator Benigno Aquino Sr. this Filipino holiday is also celebrated nationwide. Recently, the president of the Philippines declared a holiday to give due respect for another Aquino Cory Aquino, a former president of the republic of the Philippines and the first lady president of the country. Cory Aquino is the wife of Benigno Aquino Sr.
* November 1 Todos los Santos (all saints day) this holiday is celebrated in cemeteries and more likely a quality time for members of the family that have passed away. This is Halloween day in the states wherein kids is having their trick or treats.
* Dec 24 Christmas Eve this Filipino celebration is naturally celebrated with families and friends. Some even have party until midnight to have some fun and exciting activities. This celebration is somehow a great way for people to spend quality time for their own families. This is also a time for gift giving so if you have lots of godchildren or inaanak in Filipino word, then you have to prepare several gifts too.
* Dec 31 New Years eve this is the last holiday in the calendar of the Filipinos. But this is the most exciting Filipino holiday ever since you are to welcome another year in your life and that there are several Filipino rituals and beliefs that are done during these holidays such as jumping when the clock ticks to twelve in the morning, display a dozen kind of round fruits in your table, or to make noise to welcome the new year.
Have A Great Story About This Topic?
Do you have a great story about this?