Filipino Food and Recipes - Pinoy Chicken Vegetable Soup
1 cup carrots, diced
1 cup sayote, diced
1 cup cabbage, shredded (or pechay known as bok choi)
1 cup celery, sliced thinly
1 pc. Egg, beaten
4 Tablespoons Cornstarch, dissolved in cold water
6 cups chicken broth
1 ½ cups shredded chicken meat, sautéed in onion and garlic
1 pc chicken cube
1. Put chicken meat in a casserole and pour in the chicken broth.
2. Cover and bring to a boil.
3. Add salt, black pepper and drop in chicken cubes.
4. Add sayote and carrots. Simmer for a few minutes till slightly done.
5. Add celery. Bring to a boil.
6. Add cabbage, then cornstarch mixture.
7. Add beaten egg.
8. Bring to a boil
9. Season to taste.
10. Serve hot.
Optional add sliced boiled eggs.
| FREE NEWSLETTER
Don't worry -- your e-mail address is totally secure. I promise to use it only to send you Philippine Travel Guide Insider Alert Newsletter.
Sign up for the FREE Newsletter
to receive latest updates
and articles on popular Philippine destinations, hotels & resorts,
beaches, recipes and much more.
Subscribe To This Site