Regine Velasquez - A Songbird In Flight And Soaring High
Regine Velasquez complete name is Regine Encarnacion Ansong Velasquez and was born in Manila, Philippines on April 22, 1970.
Her parents recognized during her early age that she was gifted with an extraordinary voice. She contended into many local and national singing contests in the Philippines. Unfortunately she did not even win but what was important and number one priority to her family was her way to success. Moving to Leyte, she worked with some influential voice coaches and had some rituals that her father supposed could help to toughen her voice. To date the ritual that her father had practiced is still arguable but was surprisingly effective.
Flight to Stardom
> Amateur singing contests started it all. Regine Velasquez competed in about 200 contests and won 67 in her amateur days. Just to let everyone hear her strong and powerful voice and that is quite impressive for such an amateur singer.
> The Break. The most significant performance she had and earned her where she is right now was when she vied in the Bagong Kampeon singing contest on national TV. It gave her a career-launching break. She was the favorite to win in the finals because every time she took the stage judges and fans were amazed with her performance. "In your Eyes" was her winning piece and she was rewarded accordingly to work on her debut single in a local recording studio.
> Appearances. After she won, demands for appearances and guestings on different shows made her feel already a celebrity. Her appearance in 1987 was such a big bang.
> Meeting the right person. She met Ronnie Henares, an icon in Asian music industry, when she was invited to grace a local talk show and eventually he became her manager. They finally worked on an album "Regine" was released in 1987. This was the beginning of her great singing career.
> Regine Live
Regine also collaborated with international artist such as:
1. Jacky Cheung
Regine Velasquez singing fame helped her to invade the film industry. Some of Regine's remarkable film projects are:
* The Untouchable Family - She got her first movie role in 1987 and she portrays as the granddaughter of a mafia clan involve in crimes.
* Pik Pak Boom - She was cast in the 1988 with contemporaries Lea Salonga, Herbesrt Bautista, Dingdong Avanzado, and Bing Loyzaga.
* Elvis and James - She played a nerdy music aficionado and the love interest of the two comedians Joey de Leon and Rene Requistas.
* Wanted Perfect Mother- Her first lead role film with actor Christopher de Leon.
* Do Re Mi (1997) - She was one of the three lead actresses in the musical comedy film co-starred Mikee Cojuangco and Donna Cruz.
* Honey Nasa Langit Na Ba Ako - a film released in 1998, she played as ghost who died days before her wedding day in a car accident.
* Pangako Ikaw Lang - The Guillermo Mendoza Scholarship Foundation awarded Regine Velasquez as Box-Office Queen in 1998.
* Dahil May Isang Ikaw - a romantic film with matinee idol Aga Muhlach.
* Kailangan Ko'y Ikaw - a film about a pop star that falls in love with one of her fans portrayed by Robin Padilla.
Regine Velasquez spread her wings even farther and achieved every goal she set for herself: scores of accolades, fame, wealth and multi-platinum success. Though her luck of taking the North American market is quiet evasive, she still pulling out her talent and star power to fulfill her dream of international fame.
Have A Great Story About This Topic?
Do you have a great story about this?
|© Copyright 2007. Philippine Travel Guide. All Rights Reserved. Powered by SiteSell.com. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited. Most external sites will open in a new window;not endorsed by philippine-travel-guide.com|