Experience What It Means To Be First On Royal Caribbean Cruise Ships
Popular vacations with the Royal Caribbean cruise ships
Those among us who are fans of vacation cruises are no doubt familiar with the best names in the industry. Among those that rank well with the over 12 million Americans who went to successfully complete a vacation cruise in 2007 is the Royal Caribbean Cruise Ships. They are most probably best known for their pioneering effort to include such features and attraction aboard their ships as ice skating rinks, rock climbing walls and 9-hole golf courses.
Royal Caribbean Cruise Line operate the Royal Caribbean Cruise ships, a fleet composed of 21 ships with two more under construction and expected to enter service later during the year and the next. It has been a deliberate effort to grow over the years and remain a leader in providing quality vacation and travel experience to a growing list of customers, many of whom have remained loyal since their first experience. The following are some of the highlights in the company's timeline:
* The company was founded in 1968 by three Norwegian shipping companies. Creating a reputation for innovation, the Royal Caribbean's "Song of Norway" became the first passenger ship to be lengthened. They did it by inserting a section in the severed vessel's center. After the successful completion of this same operation, other vessels in the fleet were likewise lengthened.
* In 1982, the company would receive recognition for the launch of the ship "Song of America" which became the third largest passenger vessel afloat.
* The company became public in 1993 and in the next succeeding years experienced growth particularly in market share.
* In 1997, it would merge with the Celebrity Cruises, a Greek cruise line.
* The ship Voyager of the Seas was added in 1999 where it became the world's largest cruise ship in service, and therefore received wide recognition from the news media.
* In 2003, rock-climbing walls were made standard feature among all the Royal Caribbean Cruise ships that were active in the fleet. These rock-climbing walls are over three stories high and provide challenge to both novice and professional rock climbing enthusiasts.
Perhaps the most recognizable aspect of the Royal Caribbean Cruise ships among its growing list of passengers is the way the company mindset is geared towards pleasing its customers. Always at the forefront of innovations for passenger luxury and comfort, the ship features not only rock climbing walls, ice skating rinks or golf courses, there are plenty of venues and activities designed not only to engage the senses but to soothe tired and otherwise weary spirits. The ship that will be launched within the next few months feature a first among passenger luxury ships: an open-air central park. It will also have an aqua theater that features high diving performances. Another first is the carousel on sea. Such features and attractions being first can only come from a company truly committed to providing their customers only the best. There are fitness centers for the health conscious. The fitness centers include not only gym complex that has options for aerobics, weights lifting as well as other cardio-vascular workouts; there are also sports courts for basketball and volleyball for those who are inclined to friendly competitions. You will also find inline skate tracks as well as jogging tracks that provide unparalleled view of the ocean as you work up sweat.
Royal Caribbean Cruise ships have indeed gone a long way since they first set sail. The name has risen to international prominence and recognition. It now visits 280 ports in over 80 countries across six continents. Those who would settle for nothing but the best in their endeavors and their choice of vacation cruise trust Royal Caribbean Cruise ships to deliver top notch experience. It has always been so over the years.
Finding Cheap Carnival Cruises ... really all that cheap, it is still something that you have to save for. But considering other vacation alternatives, this one comes among the least expensive ...
Discover Why A Carnival Cruise Ship Is The Best For A Cruising Vacation ... for children to play. * Every ship has a themed interior design in accordance to its name. For instance, the Spirit cruise ship has an interior design focusing ...
Planning For A Cruise Vacation Made Easy With The Best Cruise Line Offers Available ... Silver Sea but Regent Seven Seas Cruises is more relaxing. The vessel can carry maximum of 700 passengers. * Royal Caribbean is a popular and one of the ...
Have A Great Story About This Topic?
Do you have a great story about this?
Do you want to contribute to the site? Share it!
| FREE NEWSLETTER
Don't worry -- your e-mail address is totally secure. I promise to use it only to send you Philippine Travel Guide Insider Alert Newsletter.
Sign up for the FREE Newsletter
to receive latest updates
and articles on popular Philippine destinations, hotels & resorts,
beaches, recipes and much more.
Subscribe To This Site