Ryan Cayabyab A Work In Progress
Ryan Cayabyab is one of the famous persons in Philippine music industry. Despite of his many achievements, he remained humble. He was considered the Father of Philippine Music because of the huge contribution he made to the industry. He worked with different Filipino artists in orchestra, ballet, popular music, television specials and movie films.
He was born in Manila, Philippines on May 4, 1954. At the age of six, his mother died and his father worked hard to support him. He took business administration at University of the Philippines as a working student to support his studies. He was the accompanist of Salvador Laurel in Development Bank of the Philippines Chorale Ensemble. Salvador Laurel recognized his gift and talent in piano and gave him a scholarship grant. Then he shifted his course and graduated a bachelor degree in music, major in composition. Ryan Cayabyab became a professor in the UP College of Music for two decades.
He decided to migrate abroad together with his family but when Danding Cojuangco offered him to produce and performed music he accepted the offer and was marked by all Filipinos as one of the greatest Philippine music composers the country ever had. He is currently the Executive and Artistic Director of the San Miguel Foundation for the Performing Arts.
As a leading musical director, conductor and accompanist, he performed all over the world like the cities in Australia, Germany, France, Japan and United States. Ryan Cayabyab also worked in different shows together with some famous international names like Frank Sinatra and Sammy Davis Jr. He also conducted the Philippine Philharmonic Orchestra in some of its performances, worked with pianist Jim Chapel and American jazz singer Diane Schuur.
He was recognized in the field of music and was one of the awardees of Ten Outstanding Young Men of the Philippines for Filipino music. His showbiz stint started to be noticed in 1978 winning a Grand prize of his great masterpiece Kay Ganda ng Ating Musika during the first Metro Manila Popular Music Festival. He also won three international Grand Prix Awards, one in the Seoul Song Festival, the Voice Asia Song Festival and the Tokyo Music Festival in 2006. Moreover, he won in different movie score awards for different award giving bodies in various films and television.
Television and Movies
* Ryan, Ryan, Musikahan won 14 prestigious awards as Best show host and Best Musical Show in different award giving bodies.
* He has also won 18 awards in various commercial recordings.
* He also made and produced albums of a famous Filipino teen group Smokey Mountain.
* A musical scorer in some of Lea Salongas Broadway songs as well as Spains superstar singer Julio Iglesias.
* Judged of the first Philippine Idol in 2006.
* He also composed the background music of ABS-CBNs TV Patrol and The World Tonight new outfits.
* Movie composer of certain films like Deathrow, Azuzena, Kahapon May Dalawang Bata, Tatlo Magkasalo, Anak Ng Bulkan, Ligaya Ang Itawag Mo Sa Akin, Closer To Home, Kailangan Kita, Karnal, Desire, Aguila and a lot more.
Ryan Cayabyab Theater Work
* Theater musicals Noli Me Tangere and El Filibusterismo were his masterpieces. He had also performed in different cities in Japan and Malaysia in a year 1996.
* He also did Magnificat, Ilustrado, Alikabok and Rama Hari, all classic pop-ballet that logged 200 performances.
* He also made some of the musical compositions in operas like Spoliarium, Mariang Makiling and Mga Nuno sa Punso.
* He conducted the musical composition of Philippine remake Beauty and the Beast.
* Composers of several Filipino love songs that were certified Gold Record under Sony-BMG Pilipinas.
* He also locally produced GFLS that featured some of his Filipino classics orchestral arrangements.
* Some of his music Album were great successes like Bato sa Buhangin, Maalaala Mo Kaya, Minamahal Kita, Dahil Sayo, Ikaw, Ikaw ang Mahal Ko, Saan ka man Naroroon, Lahat ng Araw, Mimamahal o Sinasamba and a lot more.
* Tuwing Umuulan and Kapiling ka under Sony-BMG Pilipinas was composed and arranged by Ryan Cayabyab. These also won the Best Musical Arrangements during 18th Awit Awards.
* He also arranged some musical composition of some Filipino Classic Christmas like Kampana ng Simbahan, Heto na Naman, Sa Paskong Darating, Kumukutikutitap, Namamasko, Pasko na Naman and a lot more.
* He also made some religious music compositions like Misa 2000 and won as the Best Religious Album in the 2004 Catholic Mass Media Awards.
* Popular Folk Songs compilation like Atin Cu Pung Singsing, Usahay, Kalisud, Sarungbanggi and Ay.
* Popular novelty songs compilation that will be performed like Pito Pito, Boom Tarat- Tarat and Ocho- ocho.
These proved that Ryan Cayabyab is still a work in progress.
Ogie Alcasid Singer, Songwriter, Actor And Businessman Rolled Into One Where will you find a singer, composer, television host, entrepreneur, actor and a comedian rolled into one? Herminio Alcasid most popularly known as Ogie Algasid are all that. Ogie s Journey to Stardom * After his singing debut in ...
Basil Valdez, The Undisputed King Of Movie Theme Songs Salvador Valdez or Basil Valdez is one of the famous balladeer in the Philippine music industry. Since 1970 Basil was already performing as a solo singer. Mostly, he performs his own version of the songs by the likes of Simon and Garfunkel ...
Lani Misalucha: A Nigtingales Musical Journey The Asia s Nightingale was the name given to Ms. Lani Misalucha, which was declared by MTV Asia. She is one of the most popular Filipino singers not only in the Philippines but also abroad. Although she now resides in the United States, ...
Lea Salonga- Chronicles Of The Gem As a child she would be on top of a coffee table using plugs as a microphone and sing. Lea Salonga or Maria Lea Carmen Imutan Salonga was destined stardom. She dreamed of being a psychiatrist but her future said something else. Lea ...
Martin Nievera: The Philippines Concert King Born on February 5, 1962, Martin Nievera is truly one of the pop singers that Filipinos can be proud of. Hailed as the Concert King of the country, his performances had wowed audiences not just in the Philippines but worldwide. He had ...
Kuh Ledesma The Pop Diva Kuh Ledesma is one of the most fascinating Diva in the Philippine music industry. She usually performs pop and jazz forms of music. For 25 years in the music industry, Kuh is a recipient of several awards local and international awards ...
Regine Velasquez - A Songbird In Flight And Soaring High Regine Velasquez s complete name is Regine Encarnacion Ansong Velasquez and was born in Manila, Philippines on April 22, 1970. Her parents recognized during her early age that she was gifted with an extraordinary voice. She contended ...
Rey Valera The Hit Maker And Silent Mentor Reynaldo Valera Guardiano also known as Rey Valera was born on May 4, 1954 in the town of Mecauyan, Province of Bulacan in the Philippines. Rey is the second of three siblings. His surname Valera was his mother s maiden name. He is ...
Zsa Zsa Padillas Versatility Zsa Zsa Esperanza Padilla was born on May 28, 1964 and also known as the Divine Diva. Her father was Carlos Sonny Padilla an actor and sportsman. She is a world class Filipino singer and concert artist. She is also versatile in other ...