Filipino Food and Recipes Shrimp Sinigang
½ kilo medium sized shrimp or prawn
3 medium ripe tomatoes, sliced
1 medium onion, sliced
4 cups water
3 pcs. Siling Pangsigang
6 pcs. String beans, cut into two inches long
2 pcs. Medium sized egg plants, sliced diagonally
1 medium sized radish, sliced diagonally
Kangkon leaves and stem, washed and cut
tamarind soup base
salt and pepper to taste
1. Clean shrimp or prawn. Remove whiskers. Rub with salt.
2. In a casserole, put tomatoes, onion and garlic to the water in a pot and boil for 5 minutes.
3. Add shrimp and season with salt, pepper and tamarind base soup to taste.
4. Simmer for 5 minutes with cover.
5. Add string beans, radish, eggplant and siling pangsigang. Simmer for 3 minutes.
6. Add kangkong and boil until cook. Season to taste.
7. Serve with rice.
| FREE NEWSLETTER
Don't worry -- your e-mail address is totally secure. I promise to use it only to send you Philippine Travel Guide Insider Alert Newsletter.
Sign up for the FREE Newsletter
to receive latest updates
and articles on popular Philippine destinations, hotels & resorts,
beaches, recipes and much more.
Subscribe To This Site