Zsa Zsa Padillas Versatility
Zsa Zsa Padillas (Zsa Zsa Esperanza Padilla) was born on May 28, 1964 and also known as the Divine Diva.
Her father was Carlos "Sonny" Padilla an actor and sportsman. She is a world class Filipino singer and concert artist. She is also versatile in other field of endeavor such as acting, songwriting, product endorser and commercial model. She too, ventured in record producing and other business.
She got married at an early age of 16 to an older man Modesto Tatlonghari, a dentist and they were blessed with a daughter, the actress and singer Karylle, but their marriage which lasted for 7 years was annulled. The singer is now the partner of the show business patriarch and Comedy King Dolphy. They are blessed with two lovely daughters.
Zsa Zsa Padillas was a former member of the Hotdog band during the mid-70's and went solo after leaving the popular Manila band. Her beauty and appeal capture the attention of many movie and TV producers and directors that offering her movies and TV shows. Her first TV role in 1987 drama series "Lovingly Yours Helen" and played as a wife of a gay man and she proved the viewers that she can also act. She likewise starred in the 1997 critically acclaimed full length "Larawan", a musical theater play.
After considering the reactions of the viewer she accepted movie roles, to name a few these are:
* Mga Anak ni Facifica Falayfay - Her first movie role in 1987 with her long time partner Dolphy. This is a comedy flick that made many people laugh.
* Starzan - Co-starred with another comedian Joey de Leon in 1989.
* Minsan Lang Kita Iibigin
* Batang PX
* Mano Po 4 Ako Legal Wife
Aside from singing, Zsa Zsa earned Best actress awards in various film awarding organizations to prove her acting prowess.
* 1994 Best Supporting Actress for the movie "Minsan Lang Kita Iibigin" from Star Awards for Movies.
* 1995 Best Actress in a Single Performance for the television series "Mukha" given by the Star Awards for Television.
* 1998 Best Actress recognitions and citations awarded by the different organizations such as Star Awards for Movies, Gawad Urian and Film Academy of the Philippines Awards for her exemplary role in the movie Batang PX.
* 2006 Best Actress granted by the prestigious award giving organizations such as Luna Award, Empress Awards, the Guillermo Mendoza Foundation, Film Academy of the Philippines and the Metro Manila Film Festival for the movie "Mano Po 4 Ako Legal Wife".
Zsa Zsa Singing Awards:
* In 1984 Zsa Zsa Padillas received an award from the Aliw Foundation as Tinig Awardee of the Year and Most Promising Female Entertainer of the Year.
* The Consumer's Union of the Philippines granted her the Most Outstanding Female Singer of the Year in 1985.
* Best Popular Singer and Entertainer (female category) was awarded to her in 1986 as well as the Best Female Performer in Hotels, Nightclubs and Restaurants given by the Aliw Foundation.
* The Awit Awards also awarded her as Best Female recording Artist in 1988.
Zsa Zsa Padillas also did major specials in television since she started her career in 1984:
* In 1993 she did a Telesine in GMA for the tagalog adaptation of the play "Camille" which was directed by Joel Lamangan.
* She was featured in the ABS-CBN's special episodes of the Star Drama Presents Zsa Zsa and consequently she did the telemovie "Mukha" that was directed by Argel Joseph in GMA Telesine in 1984, followed by the television series Familia Zaragoza, Lab Ko si Babes and Sa Puso Ko Iingatan Ka.
* Zsa Zsa Padillas also hosted different television shows like the Morning Girls which was talk show. Star in a Million, a talent search specifically for singing and the long running A.S.A.P.
* Kapag Puso'y Sinugatan
|© Copyright 2007. Philippine Travel Guide. All Rights Reserved. Powered by SiteSell.com. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited. Most external sites will open in a new window;not endorsed by philippine-travel-guide.com|